When was the last time you had loads and LOADS of fun? When you just let your inhibitions go, danced like a loon, sung at the top of your voice and acted like a big kid?
It’s easy to take life really seriously, so many responsibilities, so much to do, so little time, so easy to go to the pub and just drown out the seriousness of it all with a big gulp of lager.
As I am writing this I am having my very own fun moment, singing Alabama Shakes at the top of my voice. I have massive headphones on, I am probably completely out of tune and I’m sure my chair dancing wouldn’t win any kind of dance off. But I am happy and I am smiling and I am in my element. Having fun while I am writing about something I believe in.
So, when was the last time you let go and found yourself being completely you, totally happy, loose, relaxed you?
Put some bounce back into your life.
- Put on your favourite bouncy song.
- Do a little dance.
- Make a little love.
- Play kiss chase. (I don’t care that you and your partner are 34, stolen kisses are the best kisses. Chase each other!)
- Get a football, grab your mates, find some grass and have a kick about.
- Make some noise, if you’ve got instruments, get them out. If not, unlock your child like imagination and make percussion instruments from pots and pans.
- Go paddling.
- Climb a tree.
- Do a handstand or a cartwheel.
- Roll down a hill.
- Blow a raspberry.
- Take a walk.
- Bake a cake.