Karam and Katari Chand met 87 years ago on the day of their marriage. Karam is now 107 and Katari is a whippersnapper at just 100. So what has made their love last so long?
How To Keep The Love Alive
Here are some tips to keeping the love alive for over 80 years:
- Always be faithful. To spend your life with the one you love is to dedicate yourself to the one you love.
- Always look out for each other. The couple say “Whether it is making a meal, holding your partners hand when crossing the road or being a shoulder to cry on when something goes wrong.” Be there for one another and consider them in everything you do.
- Don’t forget your values. “Respect, care, cherish, love and value your partner – always treat them how you would want to be treated yourself.”
- Cherish the time that you have together. We live in a busy world and sometimes spare time can be minimal, but make sure that you spend as much time with your partner as you can.
- Be tolerant. Everyone does little things that could be irritating to others. No one is perfect but if you can learn to love the bad habits and irritating quirks that your partner has then you will go a long way!
- Talk to each other! If you are the first port of call for your partner when there is a problem, something exciting to say or even just a touch of gossip, you will be much closer and you will understand each other much better.
- Don’t forget the little things! Katari always saves Karam a bit of her chapatti, she says it’s a little gesture that he appreciates and it keeps her a bit slimmer too! Silly little things like this show a lot more love than diamonds or new shoes.
- Make each other laugh. Karam say that his way of being romantic is making Katari laugh. “I have been told laughing makes you live longer… my wife is still alive so it must have worked! I love her so much and I want to spend another 80 years by her side.” How lovely!
What do you do to keep your love alive? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!